Coding with the Arduino – 10 Week Course – Bolton
Event on 2014-01-13 16:00:00
In Autumn 2014 Primary schools will be required to introduce software skills to their students.
For most Primary school teachers this is a daunting prospect with little or no knowledge or skills in coding.
This 10 Week course will bring every teacher, even those who have never coded to a level where they can not only code with confidence but also inspire their class.
The content has been specifically designed to be translated into the classroom with simple fun activities which build upon previous experience but also allow an immeadiate sense of achievement. The final robot challenge is a great demonstration of all of the skills developed.
This course is ideal for any teacher looking to develop new skills. We have designed the course to cover the new aspects of computing in the curriculum. We recommend this course for
- ICT Coordinators
- Year 4-6 Teachers
- Any teacher interested in developing coding skills
Our focus is on a hig quality training and so as a result we limit our classes to 15 attendees. This is so that we are able to give everyone the attention and time required for them to progress quickly through the course.
This training course uses the Arduino mini computer device. It is an ultra low price computer that can be programmed to carry out a series of tasks. Over the 10 weeks the following areas will be covered.
- Introduction to computers and software
- Introduction to the Arduino device
- First Steps – 'Hello World' and 'blinking light'
- Managing multiple events ' Traffic Lights' and 'colour box'
- Switches, Inputs, Digital and Analogue 'dimmer control'
- Logic, loops and arrays
- Sensors and sound (motion sensors) 'the three key keyboard'
- Data logging
- Motors and Control systems
- 'Touch pad'
- Problem solving 'Tracking Robot'
Throughout the course we track every attendees progress and at the end they will recieve a certificate and breakdown showing the skills they have developed.
These are youtube versions of the first few activities in the syllabus. During the course we cover these in more detail so they should give you confidence that it is an achievable course for beginers.
We will supply all of the necessary equipment for the 10 week course. Each attendee will also recieve their own Arduino kit which includes all of the components and parts needed for the course and toolkit.
- Free toolkit
- Free Arduino Uno, Arduino Robot and all components needed(Worth over £250)
- Folder complete with copies of all the course material
- DVD including video tutorials of all of the course material
- Unlimited lifetime support from our team
Our courses run during local term time. Where there is a holiday (half term, end of term or bank holiday) the course will not run that week. The course will complete over 10 full sessions of 1.5 hrs.
Unlimited lifetime support!
Every teacher that comes on our courses is entitled to a lifetime of free support. They can call, email or message us and we will help them with whatever challenges they face.
- Free Skype Chat support
- Free Telephone support*
- Free Webinars
* Normal phone charges may apply
at Bolton, GB
14-18 Churchgate Bolton Town Centre Bolton
Bolton, United Kingdom